Comments: Comments Off on Careers in Media, Entertainment & Telecommunications Law
Careers in Media, Entertainment & Telecommunications Law
Join the Society for Law, Science & Technology (SLST) and The Columbia Science & Technology Law Review (STLR) for a lunch panel on working in the media, entertainment, and telecommunications sector.
Date: Thursday, April 21, 2016
Time: 12:10-1:10 PM
Firm Representatives include:
- Covington & Burling
- Paul Hastings
- Weil, Gotshal & Manges
- Norton, Rose & Fulbright
Non-pizza lunch will be served.
Comments: Comments Off on Careers in Data Privacy and Security
Careers in Data Privacy and Security
Join the Society for Law, Science & Technology (SLST) and The Columbia Science & Technology Law Review (STLR) for a lunch panel on the growing data privacy and security legal practice.
Date: Wednesday, April 13, 2016
Time: 12:10-1:10 PM
- Linda Nyberg, Associate, Simpson Thacher (IP Transactions)
- Randy Sabett, Partner, Cooley (Vice-Chair, Data Privacy and Protection Practice Group)
- Johanna Skrzypczyk, Associate, Debevoise & Plimpton (Member, Data Privacy and Cybersecurity Group)
- Alex Southwell, Partner, Gibson Dunn (Co-Chair, Privacy, Cybersecurity and Consumer Protection Practice Group)
- Elisabeth Sperle, Associate, Weil Gotshal & Manges (Member, Cybersecurity, Data Privacy & Information Management Group)
- Alan Sutin, Greenberg Traurig (Chair, Technology, Media & Telecommunications Practice)
Non-pizza lunch will be served!
Comments: Comments Off on Coast to Coast
Coast to Coast
Presented by Wilson Sonsini, The Columbia Science & Technology Law Review (STLR), The Society for Law Science & Technology (SLST), and The Columbia Law & Entrepreneurship Society (CLES).
Please join partners from Wilson Sonsini for an overview on venture capital and startup work, and a discussion on the differences and similarities between the East Coast and West Coast clients in these industries.
This is a great opportunity to learn more about these industries and on the differences between working on the East Coast and West Coast!
– Adam Dinow, Partner, Wilson Sonsini (New York, NY)
– Rachel Proffitt, Partner, Wilson Sonsini (San Francisco, CA)
Who: Wilson Sonsini, STLR, SLST & CLES
What: Coast to Coast (discussion on East Coast and West Coast venture capital & startups)
When: Thursday, April 7 @ 12:10 PM
Where: JG 107
Dig Inn will be served.
Comments: Comments Off on Women in IP and Technology Law
Comments: Comments Off on Transitioning from Private Practice to a Start-Up: Technology and Social Justice
Transitioning from Private Practice to a Start-Up: Technology and Social Justice
Sponsored by Casetext and the Society for Law, Science, and Technology
Monday, March 28 at 4:15pm
*Non-pizza dinner will be served*
Join us for a talk about one practitioner’s transition from private practice to a legal start-up, how technology can be used to address social justice issues in the legal community, and how you can get involved in their movement to free the law.
About the Speaker
Katherine Anton is Head of Community at Casetext. Prior to Casetext, she was an associate for a small litigation firm in Boston where she saw first hand the need to make the law free and understandable. She is a graduate of Suffolk University Law School and Michigan State University where she earned degrees in business and communication.
Casetext is a free legal research and writing platform where you can search state and federal cases, statutes, and regulations annotated by insights from the country’s leading attorneys, law firms, and academics. Casetext uses cutting-edge technology to connect the law to its massive database of legal analysis so its 500,000 monthly researchers can understand judicial opinions more deeply and efficiently. Casetext was founded in response to a major social justice problem – the law is expensive to access and difficult to understand. Casetext’s mission is to make all the world’s laws free and understandable. #FreeTheLaw
Comments: Comments Off on Careers in IP Breakfast
RSVP for the Careers in IP Breakfast!
- Kevan Choset, In-House Counsel, Head of Litigation and Intellectual Property at Spotify
- Josh Simmons ’10, Associate at Kirkland & Ellis (Copyright & Trademark)
- Fiona Finlay-Hunt ’14, Associate at Wilson Sonsini (Technology Transactions)
- TBD (IP litigation)
Comments: Comments Off on New York Intellectual Property Market Lunch Panel
Comments: Comments Off on Cyber Security at Barclays
Comments: Comments Off on Lunch with Spotify Legal Counsel
- Date: November 23, 2015; 12:15PM
- Food: Mel’s Burger
- RSVP: space is very limited, RSVP here to reserve your spot.
- The first 30 people to RSVP will receive a confirmation email by November 19, 2015
Comments: Comments Off on The Paley Center for Media International Council Summit Conference