We are pleased to announce that we are seeking an Associate Director to work with the Public Rights/Private Conscience Project at the Center for Gender and Sexuality Law at Columbia Law School.
Columbia Law School seeks an Associate Director to serve as part of the project’s onsite team reporting to Elizabeth Reiner Platt, Project Director of the Public Rights/Private Conscience Project at Columbia Law School.
The Public Rights / Private Conscience Project is a unique law and policy think tank based at Columbia Law School. It’s mission is is to conceptualize and operationalize new frames for understanding religious exemptions and their relationship to reproductive and sexual liberty and equality rights, and to disseminate those frames through legal scholarship, public policy interventions, advocacy support, and popular media representation.
- Conduct legal and policy analyses of state and federal proposals that would expand the scope and nature of religious liberty rights.
- Play a key role in formulating and executing a pilot project to engage state attorneys and solicitors general around the tension between sexual and reproductive rights/liberty and religious liberty, with the goal of sparking state-level outcomes from the relevant offices.
- Facilitate participation of academic partners in efforts to publicize the impact of religious exemption laws on PRPCP’s focus issues and communities.
- Work with the PRPCP Director to build our capacity to actively participate in the multiple advocacy coalitions forming around religious exemption work, particularly in the reproductive rights and LGBT rights communities, and to undertake more collaborative work with advocacy organizations.
- Maintain PRPCP’s presence on social media, including Facebook, Twitter, and regular content posting to PRPCP’s blog. (10%).
- Assist in logistical planning for meetings, convenings, and conferences.
Management & Funding
Work with Director to identify potential partners for programs, projects, and initiatives.
- Assist in drafting grant proposals and annual budgets for Program initiatives.
- Assist in preparing grant reports and other compliance documents required by Columbia Law School or Columbia University.