Weekly Tips of Legal Research –
Follow us here, and on Twitter @Team2Research to learn more about this workshop. Wondering what happens during this workshop? Below you can find the prezi presentations used to guide each session of case law research:
- August 29, First Workshop – Treatises and seminal cases.
- September 5, Second Workshop – Restatements of Law and Case Law Research
- September 12, Third Workshop –When Are Law Review Articles the Starting Point?; and Learning about How Legal Information is Published: the value of starting with a statute to find cases
- September 19, Fourth Workshop – The indelible use of practice materials in case law research.
- September 26, Fifth Workshop – the battle of the databases – When the Hypothetical Dictates the Database Choice Westlaw, Lexis Advance, Bloomberg Law and case law research (I)
- October 3, Sixth Workshop – the battle of the databases – Does the form matter or only the substance? Westlaw, Lexis Advance, Bloomberg Law and case law research (II) and Learning about Case Law Indexing and the use of Citators
- October 10 – Seventh Workshop – the battle of the databases – Does the form matter or only the substance? Westlaw, Lexis Advance, Bloomberg Law and case law research (III)
- October 17, Eighth Workshop, Simple or Boolean searches (Natural language vs. terms and connectors searches) (If time permits) – What happens when foreign or international law issues come into play?