Follow us here, and on Twitter @Team2Research to learn more about this workshop. Wondering what happens during this workshop? Below you can find the prezi presentations used to guide each session of case law research:
- September 7, First Workshop – secondary sources and seminal cases.
- September 14, Second Workshop – Treatises or Restatements to start case law research?
- September 21, Third Workshop – the many flavors of legal scholarship; the starting point for case law research.
- September 28, Fourth Workshop – the indelible use of practice materials in case law research.
- October 5, Fifth Workshop – the battle of the databases – When you have a specific problem what specific database is best suited to help? Westlaw, Lexis, Bloomberg and case law research (I)
- October 12, Sixth Workshop – the battle of the databases – Does the form matter or only the substance? Westlaw, Lexis, Bloomberg and case law research (II)
- October 19, Seventh Workshop – starting with a statute to find cases
- October 26, Eighth Workshop – starting with the seminal case to find other cases
- November 2, Ninth Workshop – are all citators created equal? and Tenth Workshop – simple or Boolean searches (Natural language vs. terms and connectors searches)
- November 9, Eleventh Workshop – what happens when foreign or international law issues come into play?