Weekly Tips of Legal Research –
Follow us here, and on Twitter @Team2Research to learn more about this workshop. Wondering what happens during this workshop? Below you can find the prezi presentations used to guide each session of case law research:
- September 6, First Workshop – Treatises and seminal cases.
- September 13, Second Workshop – Restatements of Law and Case Law Research
- September 20, Third Workshop –When Are Law Review Articles the Starting Point?.
- September 27, Fourth Workshop – The indelible use of practice materials in case law research.
- October 4, Fifth Workshop – the battle of the databases – When the Hypothetical Dictates the Database Choice Westlaw, Lexis Advance, Bloomberg Law and case law research (I)
- October 11, Sixth Workshop – the battle of the databases – Does the form matter or only the substance? Westlaw, Lexis Advance, Bloomberg Law and case law research (II) (rescheduled for Oct 18)
- October 18 – Sixth/Seventh Workshop – the battle of the databases – Does the form matter or only the substance? Westlaw, Lexis Advance, Bloomberg Law and case law research (II)
- October 25, Seventh/Eighth Workshop – Learning about How Legal Information is Published: the value of starting with a statute to find cases
- November 1 Eighth/Ninth Workshop – Learning about Case Law Indexing and the use of Citators
- November 8, Ninth/Tenth Workshop – Simple or Boolean searches (Natural language vs. terms and connectors searches) (If time permits) – What happens when foreign or international law issues come into play?