Week 3 – The Administrative State and the Public
JGH – Room 646, Thursday, March 7, from 12:10 – 1:10 PM.
Instructor: Dana Neacsu
- Introduction to administrative law research
- Locating federal administrative law (hard and soft) on a particular topic
- Locating state administrative law (hard and soft) on a particular topic
You work for an NGO interested in supporting a grassroots movement opposing the use of methyl bromide as a pesticide. What do you need to know to be as effective as possible?
- Know the specificity of administrative research planning (limited secondary sources)
- Know the best access points for administrative law research (case law research)
- Learn about administrative (hard and soft) law and how to find it;
- Find the relevant agencies; the rule-making as well as the decision-making rules
- EPA, https://www.epa.gov
- Lexis Advance
- familiarity with how information is available on federal and state agency databases;
- topical library research guides.