Bloomberglaw rocks when it comes to docket research:
How can I find the Robin Thicke’s complaint against Marvin Gaye’s family and Funkadelic rights-holders
go to bloomberglaw.com
enter thicke as party name and copyright as keyword
Bloomberglaw also contains cases and statutes.
- how to find a case: type citation in search bar (e.g., 212 F3d 477)
- how to find a statute: type citation in search bar (e.g. 17 U.S.C. §§ 101)
YES for Bloomberg:
- Bloomberg offers Bcite for cases (translate= easy way to find out a case is still good law)
- The best way to find secondary sources is to find the case and then explanatory analysis!
NO for Bloomberg:
- No BCite for all statutes (translate=no easy way to find out if a statute is still good law);
- No case law annotations for all statutes.