->Beyond Property Rights
Research Output and Funders:
Governing Access to Essential Resources
- Workshops and Conferences
- “Triangulating Property Rights,” Heyman Center, Columbia University, 2012. Documents: Agenda
- “Governing Access to Essential Resources”, Columbia Law School, June 2013. Documents: Agenda
- “Beyond Property Rights goes global”: Mumbai, March 2014. Documents: Agenda and Background Memo
- “Beyond Property Rights goes global”: Istanbul, June 2014. Documents: Agenda and Background Memo
- Publications: Governing Access to Essential Resources, Columbia University Press, 2015
- A summary of the basic theme was recently published in the World Financial Review, July 2016
- Sponsors/Funders: National Science Foundation; Max Planck Society & Humboldt Foundation
Expectations as Property
- Workshop: “Expectations as Property,” Columbia Law School, May 2017. Background Memo / Agenda.
- Publications: UCLA Law Review: Discourse, Vol. 65.
- “Expectations as Property: Histories, Contextualizations, Critiques.” Freya Irani & Katharina Pistor.
- “A Fundamental Shift in Power: Permitting International Investors to Convert their Economic Expectations Into Rights.” Lise Johnson.
- “By Force of Expectation: Colonization, Public Lands, and the Property Relation.” Alyosha Goldstein.
- “From Imperial to International Law: Protecting Foreign Expectations in the Early United States.” Daniel J. Hulsebosch.
- “The Production of Feeling and the Reproduction of Privilege: Expectation, Affect, and International Investment Law.” Freya Irani.