We hope you find that setting up and using your blog is easy and straight-forward. In the use of any technology, however, there are bumps along the way and things can go wrong unexpectedly. When that happens, you can count on us to help.
WordPress, the blogging platform we use at CLS, has a vast amount of resources to help you learn more about using the platform and provide some answer to problems you might have if you’d like to work it out on your own.
Also, keep in mind that plugins are often third-party software. If you need help with a particular plug-in feel free to contact us or find the website of the theme developer in the “Plugins” page on the Dashboard for further assistance.
We Can Help
We’re here for you if you need assistance.
- Problem logging in: Contact the Helpdesk: 212-854-1370 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Question or problem with your blog (eg. theme issues, plugin problems, blog doesn’t load, etc.): Contact the Webadmin group: email@example.com
WordPress To The Rescue
The family of WordPress sites have a trove of documentation, FAQs and other resources available for you to use.
- The WordPress Codex: Here you’ll find information on everything WordPress – from what it is to how to use it.
- A great place to start for new bloggers and experienced bloggers coming from a different platform is “Introduction to Blogging,” in the Codex.
- Want to suggest a plugin?: Check out new plugins at the Extend page to see what they can do for your blog. Email us your suggestion for a new plugin you’d like to add – we’ll test it on our server for compatibility against our existing plugins and themes and add it to your blog if it works!
- Google it!: Or, Bing it, if you prefer. Yes, this may be an obvious one, but given the vast amount of WordPress blogs and bloggers out there (did you know the New York Times, the Wall Street Journal Magazine and National Geographic are really WordPress blogs in disguise?) there are countless resources out there to help you find answers to your questions.